Font Size:

New VA Students


For students using Veterans Benefits for the first time:
We are so glad you are choosing Trinity Valley Community College to pursue your education.  TVCC has been named by G.I. Jobs Magazine as a Top Military Friendly School in 2013, 2014, and 2015 and a Military Friendly GOLD School for 2017.  We are here to help you while you navigate the confusing process of applying for the benefits you have earned.


So where to begin?  First, before students can begin the benefit process, they must be a TVCC student.  You can visit our "Get Started" page for a more comprehensive look at the admissions process.  New students will also need to fill out the Online Application for VA Education Benefits; this form is required for all VA students.  There will be additional VA paperwork students must complete; the dates of your military service will determine what type of benefits you qualify for, and what additional paperwork will be required.  If you are unsure of your eligibility for benefits, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or submit an email inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs.  Students can also contact your school certifying official for a more detailed explanation, or use TVCC's handy checklist for new VA students below.   Be sure that both the VA and Trinity Valley Community College receive a copy of any and all paperwork.  Types of records students may need include Form DD 214, Report of Separation or Discharge, or for Reservist or National Guard member, Form DD 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE). TVCC will advise you what further documents are needed for your benefit claim. 




1Apply & Complete the Admissions Process with TVCC



2Complete the VA Application for Educational Benefits



3Submit Required Documents to the TVCC Veterans Office in Financial Aid



4Register for Classes



5Request for Certification from TVCC



The portable document format (PDF) requires Adobe Reader®.  Adobe Reader is available free of charge from Adobe.  You may download it here.  Once you have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader you can access a PDF document.   

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about educational benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at