The Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Chapter 30) provides up to 36 months of educational benefits to service members with at least two years of active duty. This benefit is typically payable for 10 years following a service member’s release from active duty.
For more information regarding benefits available under this program, visit the GI Bill website.
Documents may be submitted by fax at 903-675-6345 or by email at email@example.com.
New Students – 1st Semester Using Benefits at TVCC
Step One – Complete one of the following via VONAPP:
- VA Form 22-1990 – Veterans applying for Chapter 30 for the first time
- VA Form 22-1995 – Veterans who are transferring from another institution
Step Two – Submit the necessary documentation to TVCC:
- VA Certificate of Eligibility
- Official Academic Degree Plan, signed by your academic advisor (current class enrollment must be included on the degree plan)
- Member 4 Copy of DD214
- TVCC Veteran Information Sheet
- Official copy of your military transcript submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services
Step Three – Check your email address:
- Once certified, a notification will be sent to the email address you provided on your Veteran Information Sheet with your certification information.
Renewal Certification (Continuing Students) – Required EACH semester
Step One –
- Register for your classes.
- Turn in a TVCC Veteran Information Sheet
Step Two – Check your email address:
- Once certified, a notification will be sent to the email address you provided on your TVCC Veteran Information Sheet with your certification information.