Taking the TSI
TSI Testing On A Limited Basis
You must have a photo ID to test or completed Student ID Form.
- Submit your Voucher Request Form. Please allow at least 2 business days to process, then you will receive an email about paying your invoice.
- Complete the required Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) . Forward/email your “Certificate of Completion: to email@example.com
- If you haven’t already done so, complete your Application to TVCC at Apply Texas.
- Once notified, pay your testing invoice in your “My Cardinal Connect” The cost of the TSIA2 is $35 for the entire test and $20 for an individual section.
- Once Steps 1-4 are completed, you will receive an email about scheduling your exam.
Please remember that there is an additional small charge if you test anywhere other than a TVCC campus.
**If you allow your testing voucher to expire, you will need to purchase a new one to test.
- Make sure your computer is compatible for ZOOM testing by downloading and installing ZOOM: https://www.zoom.us/download#client_4 meeting
- Check that ZOOM was set up correctly at https://www.zoom.us/test. Please use the option to join with video.
- Check that your computer can run ACCUPLACER at https://www.accuplacer.org/#/systemRequirement
- Once you have an appointment set, you will receive an email with directions about joining a ZOOM meeting to test.
- You will need a webcam, a microphone and a reliable internet service.
- MATH — 950 and above OR Below 950 & Diagnostic level 6
- ELAR — 945 & 5 on Essay OR Below 945 & 5 on Essay & Diagnostic level 5-6