August 29, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in a regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, August 29, 2022, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the board members in the administration conference room at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Comments from the public.
3. Open a public hearing on proposed tax rates of $0.115490 for the
regular tax district and $0.04760 for the Palestine branch campus
maintenance tax district as the tax rates to support the FY 2022-
4. Close the public hearing for the proposed tax rates.
5. Consider and discuss the proposed tax rate to support the FY 2022-23
6. President’s Report.
a. Fall Semester Update
b. Next Board Meeting September 26th
7. Consider minutes of the July 25, 2022, and the August 15, 2022, special meeting.
8. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for June 2022.
9. Consider and discuss appointing board president search committee.
10. Consider and discuss the 2022-23 Adult and Continuing Education schedule and associated fees.
11. Consider and discuss Aramark door, camp, and summer board rates for
for FY 2022-2023.
12. Consider and discuss approval of auto, liability, & property insurance
13. Consider and discuss proposal for preliminary engineering services
14. Consider and discuss board members training requirements report –
Education Code 61.1084.
15. Consider and discuss personnel matters.