March 28, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, March 28, 2022, in the board room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the board members in the administration conference room at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. President’s Report:
• Presentation by Representative Keith Bell
• Northwest Dorm renovation update
• DOE audit update
• TVCC 75th Anniversary Celebration and Date
• NJCAA Basketball Hall of Fame Coach Leon Spencer honored at national tournament in Hutchison, Kansas
• TVCC Lady Cardinals at NJCAA National Tournament
• Next board meeting on April 25th
4. Consider minutes of the February 28, 2022, meeting minutes.
5. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for January 2022.
6. Consider and discuss “Order of Cancellation” for District 6 and District 9 as no other candidates applied for election.
7. Consider and discuss interlocal agreement with Henderson County for election on May 7, 2022, for Board of Trustees position for District 7.
8. Consider and discuss room rates for 2022-2023.
9. Consider and discuss board rates for 2022-2023.
10. Consider and discuss TVCC Board of Trustee Manual.
11. Consider and discuss personnel updates.
12. Convene to executive session pursuant to Texas Government Codes
551.071 and 551.074 the Texas Open Meetings Act, for the following
a) Private consultation with the college’s attorney about pending or
contemplated litigation, and/or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
b) Discussion of the appointment of someone to fill the district 4
board member vacancy.
13. Take any necessary action on the following matters:
a) Legal matter
b) Consider appointment of the district 4 board member vacancy.