July 25, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, July 25, 2022, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Sandwiches will be served at 5:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Review and discuss the 2022-23 budget proposal.
4. President’s Report.
a. Summer Graduation- August 12 at 10 am Cardinal Gym
b. Murchison Foundation Grant Award
c. Texas Workforce Commission Grant Award
d. TVCC Special Board Meeting - Monday August 15 at 6 p.m.
e. TVCC Board Meeting – August 29 at 7:30 p.m.
5. Consider minutes of the June 27, 2022, meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for May 2022.
7. Consider and discuss photocopier lease agreement.
8. Consider and discuss easement request by Trinity Valley Electric
9. Consider and discuss easement and right of way request by Oncor.
10. Consider and discuss renewal of Region 7 Education Service Center
Purchasing Cooperative Interlocal Agreement.
11. Consider and discuss workers compensation recommendation.
12. Consider and discuss internet service replacement – Athens campus.
13. Consider and discuss personnel matters.
14. Convene to Executive Session pursuant to Texas Government Code
551.071: Meet with college’s attorney to receive legal advice about:
(a) Pending or contemplated litigation
(b) A settlement offer
(c) On a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body
Under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the
State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas
15. Consider approval of settlement offer regarding TVCC Terrell Health
Science Center and give the College President the authority to sign
any necessary documentation related to same, and to negotiate the
terms of same documentation in coordination with the college’s attorney.