February 28, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022, in the board room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the board members in the administration conference room at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. President’s Report.
a. TVCC Excellence Award awarded to the Texas Court Reporters
b. TVCC Service Awards awarded to Melanie Forbes and Judy Gamm
c. SACSCOC Level II Baccalaureate Substantive Change- Bachelor of
Science in Nursing degree update
d. Board of Trustees District 4 update
e. Northwest Hall renovation update
f. Workforce in Kaufman County update
g. Department of Education Program Review update
h. Next board meeting – March 28th
4. Consider the minutes of the January 24, 2022, meeting.
5. Consider the business, financial, and investment reports for December
6. Consider and discuss approval of the FY 2022-23 College Calendar.
7. Discuss TVCC Police Department’s Racial Profiling Report.
8. Consider and discuss contingency fund budget adjustments.
9. Consider and discuss room rates for 2022-23.
10. Consider and discuss Bank Depository.
11. Consider and discuss policy updates.
12. Consider and discuss TVCC Board of Trustee Policy Manual.
13. Consider and discuss personnel updates.
14. Convene to executive session pursuant to Texas Government Codes
551.071 and 551.072 the Texas Open Meetings Act, for the following
a) Private consultation with the college’s attorney about pending or
contemplated litigation, and/or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
b) Real estate discussion.
15. Take any necessary action on the following matters:
a) Legal matter
b) Real estate