April 25, 2022 Board Meeting Agenda - Revised
NOTICE OF MEETING - Revised
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, April 25, 2022, in the board room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the board members in the administration conference room at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Oath of Office- Dr. Clayton Gautreaux District 4 Board Member.
4. President’s Report:
• TVCC Cheerleaders National Championship
• TVCC Cardette Showgirls National Championship
• TVCC Foundation Annual Golf Tournament- Monday, May 23
• Graduation May 13th at Athens High School Arena with ceremonies at 10 am (Health Science), 1 pm (AAS and Certificates), and 4 pm (AA)
• Board Budget Committee Appointment
• May Board Meeting Discussion
• Next Scheduled Board Meeting - June 27
5. Consider minutes of the March 28, 2022, regular board meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for February 2022.
7. Consider and discuss Terrell campus parking lot repair.
8. Consider and discuss Local and Regulation Policy deletion.
9. Consider and discuss Contingency Fund Budget Adjustments.
10. Consider and discuss personnel updates.
11. Convene to executive session pursuant to Texas Government Code
551.071 and 551.072 the Texas Open Meetings Act, for the following
a) Private consultation with the college’s attorney about pending or
contemplated litigation, and/or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Government Code.
b) Deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
12. Reconvene open meeting to take any necessary action concerning the
a) Legal matter.
b) Consider selling:
“All the undivided interest of TVCC to that certain lot, tract, or parcel of land described as 35.73 acres in the Peter Tumlinson Survey, A-755, Henderson County, Texas and being the same land previously described in that Stipulation of Interest recorded in Volume 908, Page 724 of the Real Property Records of Henderson County, Texas. Including a non-exclusive right to the easement described in Document 2021-00023161 of the Official Public Records of Henderson County, Texas (located off Highway 31 West, Malakoff, Texas).”