TVCC Foundation Scholarships
What is the purpose of the Foundation Scholarship Program?
Trinity Valley Community College Foundation is committed to our mission to support the college by having funds available to provide scholarships to students desiring an education.
How can a Foundation Scholarship be used?
A Foundation scholarship can be used to cover the direct costs of an education. This includes the purchase of books, payment of fees and tuition, and the costs of room and board.
A scholarship is a one-time award that is not renewable for subsequent semesters unless the student reapplies and is selected through the Scholarship Committee.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any student is encouraged to apply. Each scholarship has individual requirements based on the donor wishes and individual endowment or donor scholarship agreements.
If the scholarship requires the student to reside in the TVCC service area, this would include:
Athens, Brownsboro, Canton, Cayuga, Crandall, Cross Roads, Edgewood, Elkhart, Eustace, Forney, Frankston, Fruitvale, Kaufman, Kemp, La Poynor, Mabank, Malakoff, Martins Mill, Neches, Palestine, Rains, Scurry-Rosser, Slocum, Terrell, Trinidad, Westwood and Wills Point.
If the scholarship requires student to reside in the TVCC tax district, this would include:
Athens, Brownsboro, Chandler, Crandall, Cross Roads, Eustace, Frankston, Kaufman, Kemp, La Poynor, Mabank, Malakoff, Murchison, Palestine, Scurry-Rosser, Terrell, and Trinidad.
What are the criteria to apply?
- Must meet all selection criteria for specific scholarships.
- Must meet all TVCC admission requirements as found in the TVCC Catalog.
What is the application process?
- Applicant must complete and submit the TVCC scholarship application by April 15 of each year.
- Application must have two signed letters of recommendation from non family members.
- Application must include an essay from the student explaining their academic goals and objectives and why they desire the scholarship requested. This must also include a list of volunteer and community activities the student has participated in.
- Copy of all transcripts (high school, GED, other colleges or universities) as of date of application.
- The deadline for applications is April 15 of the calendar year for consideration for fall awards. Spring and Summer awards are based on case by case basis.
- After the scholarship committee convenes and makes awards, recipients will receive notification of their award.
Are there ongoing requirements after the award is granted?
If there is an unused balance of the award beyond the fall semester; the student can carry those funds to the spring semester provided all eligibility requirements have been maintained.
What is the value of each scholarship?
The value of Foundation scholarship awards vary by scholarship. The value of a specific scholarship will be noted in the letter that students receive when notified.