- In order to change your name or make a correction, you will need to complete the Name Change Form below.
- You will need to attach a photo of your valid government issued photo ID or US Passport reflecting the requested name change.
- Name change request forms submitted without valid identification will not be processed.
- Students who are currently enrolled in classes will not have their name change processed until the end of the semester.
Personal Data Change:
- In order to change or make a correction to your phone number or date of birth please complete the Personal Data Change Form below.
- Personal data change forms submitted without valid identification will not be processed.
Social Security Number Change/Correction:
- Trinity Valley Community College requires a copy of your social security card in order to make corrections on your account. You will need to come in person to a TVCC campus with a copy of your social security card to request the change. For more information, please contact 903-675-6217.
Personal Email Address Change:
- To update your personal email, please log into your My Cardinal Connect student portal.
Mailing Address Change:
- In order to update your mailing address, please complete the Mailing Address Change Form below.
- Mailing address change forms submitted without valid identification will not be processed.
Permanent Residency Status Change:
In-District Student/Tax Paying District- Texas resident (or dependent) who physically resides on property subject to taxation by the Trinity Valley Community College District the required length of time (6 months).
Out-of-District Student/Out-of-Tax Paying District- A Texas resident (or dependent) who does not physically reside within the Trinity Valley Community College District for the required length of time (6 months).
Senate Bill 1528 allows undocumented students access to in-state tuition rates at Texas Public Institutions of higher education if they meet the following conditions:
- Graduated from a public or an accredited private high school or received the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED) from the State of Texas
- Resided in Texas for at least 3 years (as of the date of high school diploma/equivalent completion)
- Resided in Texas for the 12 months preceding the 12th class day of the academic semester in which the student enrolls in an institution
- Provides the institution with a notarized affidavit stating the intent to apply for permanent residency
Student’s residency is originally determined from their original application to the college. In order to reclassify their residency, the student must be able to provide documentation for each of the following sections.
1. Complete the Permanent Residency Status Change Form below
2. Proof of Tax Independence/Dependence
a. Form 1040 Tax Return (1st page only) for Independent Student
b. Parent’s Form 1040 Tax Return (1st page only) for Dependent Student
3. Documentation for Texas Residency Status
a. Texas Driver’s License
b. Paycheck stubs for 12 consecutive months
c. Proof of title/deed of real property acquisition
d. Documents showing ownership of a business in Texas
e. Written statements from the office of social service agencies located in Texas, that attest to the provision of services to the person for 12 consecutive months preceding the census date
f. Texas Marriage Certificate or Declaration of Registration of Informal Marriage with documentation to support the spouse has established and maintained domicile in Texas for 12 consecutive months preceding the census date
4. Documentation for In-District Residency Status
a. Utility bills for the 12 consecutive months preceding the census date
b. A current lease agreement which lists the student as either the lease holder or occupant
c. Current deed and/or property tax statement
Shall circumstances indicate a reclassification when a student reports a status change, or there is found to exist circumstances indicating a change, TVCC reserves the right to request documentation to support a student’s permanent residency status claim.
All permanent residency status change requests are processed on the Athens campus. For more information, please call 903-675-6217.
Permanent residency status change forms submitted without valid identification and documentation will not be processed.
Third Party Transcript Authorization Form:
- In order to release authorization for a third party to pickup your transcript at the Athens campus, please complete the following form and submit proper documentation.