Graduation Application Process
When a student is nearing completion of their degree or certificate program, a Graduation Application must be completed and submitted to the registrar. Students can apply for graduation online through their Cardinal Connection student portal. Deadlines for graduation applications are published in the academic calendar located in the current catalog. Upon completion of the online application for graduation, students should receive an email to confirm receipt of the application. If you do not receive this email, please contact the Registrar's office at 903-675-6217.
Students may make application for graduation under provisions of the current catalog, or meet requirements of the catalog under wich he/she entered Trinity Valley Community College, provided that the catalog is no more than five years prior to the expected date of graduation. Candidates must declare the catalog year on their application.
Steps to Apply for Graduation:
- Log into your Cardinal Connection Student Portal.
- Select "Apply for Graduation" from the main menu.
- Verify your contact information.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the proper degree & date of planned graduation.
- Continue through the promts to fully submit the application.
- When completed, a copy of the application will be sent to your Cardinal Email. If you do not receive this email, please contact the Registrar's office at 903-675-6217.
Once you have made your application, a completion specialist will go over your degree plan and verify that you meet graduation requirements. Do not be discouraged if you are not contacted during the semester with regards to graduation - this is usually a good sign that everything is in order. Graduation notifications usually go out 2-3 weeks prior to the date of graduation ceremony, and are sent to your Cardinal Email. These notfications will include where to aquire your graduation regalia, as well as information about the ceremonies, etc.