August 11, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Trinity Valley Community College
The Trinity Valley Community College Board of Trustees met in a special called session at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, August 11, 2021, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building with the following members present.
Mr. Ray Raymond Mr. David Monk Mrs. Paula Kimball
Mr. Jerry Stone Mr. Steve Grant Mr. Ron Day
Mr. Michael Hembree Dr. Terry Eason
Members not present: Dr. Charlie Risinger
1. Mr. Stone opened the meeting with prayer.
2. There were no public comments.
3. The following topics were discussed in the president’s report.
• Summer Graduation Ceremony postponed until the fall ceremony
• Financial Aid Audit/Review- no results at this time
• Fall Semester begins Monday, August 23rd - enrollment is up 6%
• August 30 next regularly scheduled board meeting
4. Mr. Hembree moved, seconded by Mr. Eason, for the board to approve the 2021 Job Classification and Salary Study implementation as recommended. Mr. Monk also requested an updated policy for Personnel Policies and Processes. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mrs. Kimball, for the board to approve the faculty staff compensation adjustment as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
6. The FY 2021-2022 budget was discussed.
7. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mrs. Kimball, for the board to approve the placement of the tax rates on a future agenda as follows:
For the regular tax district a rate of $.136050 per $100 and to retain $.05 for the Palestine branch campus maintenance tax district to support the FY 2021-2022 budget, and to hold a public hearing on August 30, 2021 prior to adoption of the tax rates at the same meeting. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Grant, to adjourn the meeting at
6:36 pm. Motion carried unanimously.
Submitted By Jerry King, President Date
Approved Board Chair Date
Approved Board Secretary Date