January 25, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
Trinity Valley Community College
The Trinity Valley Community College Board of Trustees met in a regularly called session at 6:00 pm on Monday January 25, 2021, via teleconference with the following members present.
Mr. Ray Raymond Mr. Ron Day Mr. David Monk
Mr. Jerry Stone Mr. Steve Grant Dr. Charlie Risinger
Mrs. Paula Kimball Mr. Michael Hembree
Members not present:
1. Dr. King opened the meeting with prayer.
2. There were no public comments.
3. Kevin Cashion with Gollob Morgan Peddy-Accounting Firm presented the
Annual audit report.
Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Grant to approve the annual audit report
4. The following topics were discussed in the president’s report:
• Spring enrollment
• COVID protocol update
• Terrell Health Science Center will be a HUB for COVID vaccines
• The Kilman/TVCC property sale moving forward soon
• Athletic season is underway in the spring semester
• TDCJ units have been locked down due to COVID numbers, but
all units are coming up tomorrow for classes
• Next regularly scheduled board meeting will be February 22
5. Mrs. Kimball moved, seconded by Mr. Monk, for the board to approve the
November 17 and November 23, 2020 board meeting minutes.
Motion carried unanimously.
6. Dr. Risinger moved, seconded by Mrs. Kimball, for the board to approve
the October and November 2020 business, financial, and investment
reports. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Dr. Risinger moved, seconded by Mr. Stone, for the board to approve the
annual investment report as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Dr. Risinger moved, seconded by Mr. Monk, for the board to approve
(a) the TxDOT purchase of TVCC land on the Terrell Campus by exercise
of eminent domain, (b) execution of Possession and Use Agreement
related to same purchase, and (c) giving authority to the College President
to execute the Deed, Possession and Use Agreement, and any other
documents necessary to complete this conveyance/transaction. Motion
9. Mrs. Kimball moved, seconded by Mr. Monk, to form a board committee
consisting of Ray Raymond, Charlie Risinger, and Ron Day to take
applications for the District 9 Board of Trustee position. Motion carried
with Mike Hembree voting no.
The applicants will go through a review/interview process with the
committee. The committee will meet with the entire board at a future
board meeting to make a final decision for the position of District 9 Board
10. The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation
(CRRSA) was discussed.
11. Mr. Grant moved, seconded by Mr. Stone, for the board to approve the
personnel matters as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
16. Dr. Risinger moved, seconded by Mrs. Kimball, to adjourn the meeting at
7:48 pm. Motion carried unanimously.
Submitted By Jerry King, President Date
Approved Board Chair Date
Approved Board Secretary Date