ATTN STUDENTS: We have received numerous reports of login issues from students trying to access MyCardinalConnect accounts to make payments, therefore students will not be dropped for non-payment at midnight.
If you are a student experiencing problems logging in to MyCardinalConnect, please open an incident online? or call the IT Service Desk at 903-675-6300 so that we may assist you as quickly as possible.
If you open an incident online, please note that there are instructions if you do not know your password.
In order to expedite the handling of your request, please include the following information if possible:
· Full name
· Year of birth
· Last four of your social security number
· The device you are using to access MyCardinalConnect
· The web browser you are using (MyCardinalConnect recommends Firefox and Chrome)
· Screen shot of the error you are receiving
· Whether or not you are able to log into TVCC email
FALL REGISTRATION ENDS AUGUST 21....REGISTER NOW!!!!
Want to earn college credits while you are still in high school? Let Trinity Valley Community College show you the way!
Dual Credit is a process in which a high school student enrolls in a TVCC course and receives simultaneous college credit for the course from both TVCC and the high school. While dual credit courses are often taught on the high school campus to high school students only, a high school student can also take courses on one of the TVCC campuses, through Distance Education, and/or through ITV, and receive both high school and TVCC credit. Dual credit courses include both academic courses as well as technical courses. These courses offer a pathway from high school to college, serving as an option to academic degree programs or college-level workforce education courses.
This program offers the following benefits:
- Studies show that dual credit increases the likelihood that a student will complete high school, and enroll in and persist in college.
- Enrollment in courses that are transferrable to public colleges and universities in the State of Texas and generally transferable to colleges and universities throughout the United States.
- Enhances the academic record of college-boung high school students.
- Assists students in their transition into higher education.
- Shortens the time needed to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Reduces the cost of higher education.
- New graduates enter the workforce sooner and begin to earn wages, benefiting themselves and the economy.
There may be certain restrictions regarding enrollment in Dual Credit courses:
- Local high schools have identified specific courses at TVCC for which students may receive Dual Credit upon completing the course with a grade of "C" or better.
- Dual Credit Students are only awarded college and high school credit for those courses identified in the annual agreement with the school district.
- Year-long high school courses require a two-semester college course sequence. Semester-long high school courses generally require a one-semester college course. Individual high schools may have different requirements, so it is best to check with your counselor before enrolling.
*The TVCC Dual Credit Enrollment Exception Procedure is:
Freshman & Sophomore Academic Enrollment Procedure:
- Student must have completed all three sections of the TSI, but only pass the Reading and Writing sections
- Freshman students must possess an overall 8th grade average of a B.
- Sophomore students must possess a high school GPA of a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Student must possess attendance and discipline records reflecting acceptable threshold
- Student who does not meet attendance and discipline threshold will be required to meet with TVCC officials for an interview
Student must provide the following documentation before the interview:
- College readiness (TSI, ACT, PSAT, SAT) test scores
- Copy of high school transcript
- Copy of attendance record
- Copy of discipline record
- Letter of recommendation from principal
Freshman & Sophomore Workforce Enrollment Procedure:
- Student must have completed all three sections of the TSI, but do not have to pass it
*Dual credit students are limited to enroll in 15 semester credit hours (SCH) per 16-week semester. Dual credit students are limited to enroll in 6 semester credit hours (SCH) per 6-week semester.
The TVCC Enrollment Exception Procedure is:
- Student must possess a high school and a TVCC GPA of a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
Student must provide the following documentation while enrolling:
Copy of CURRENT high school transcript