Enrollment & Registration
Welcome to the TVCC Dual Credit program. We are glad that you want to explore taking a dual credit class. To get started, there are a few things you need to know.
- You will need to obtain permission from your high school counselor and/or principal (or home school administrator) as well as your parent or legal guardian.
- You may need to take a placement test or have qualifying test scores to be eligible for the program – check out testing requirements.
- There are very specific steps that you need to follow to get started – these steps are listed in order in the new student dropdown menu and are outlined in the checklist you can download below.
Steps to Enroll
Steps to Enroll - Easy as 1 . . .2 . . .3!
Talk to your parent and visit with your high school counselor to make sure that enrolling in a dual credit course is right for you.
Now it is time to apply to TVCC. This can be done online at ApplyTexas or by manually completing the TVCC application. You will also need to have your high school transcript sent to TVCC and take any required placement tests prior to enrollment or submit acceptable exemption test scores. You must also provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination that is not more than five years old if taking internet or classes on one of the TVCC campuses. All of this paperwork must be completed before you can register for class.
Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, you are ready to register for your Dual Credit courses. You will need to complete the Dual Credit form (TVCC Dual Credit/Concurrent Registration Form). Registration dates are set specifically for Dual Credit students each semester, so check with your high school counselor and get those dates on your calendar.
TVCC Dual Credit/Concurrent Registration Form. Obtain permission from your high school counselor and/or principal (or home school administrator) as well as your parent or legal guardian. Complete the Dual Credit form, with all signatures. If you have missed a semester and are returning, additional documentation will be required. See the returning student checklist below.
- Registration – Specific early registration dates are scheduled for Dual Credit students to register prior to each semester. Check with your high school counselor for those dates. Should you miss the Early Dual Credit registration date, you will have an opportunity to register during regular college registration. However, we cannot guarantee that space will be available for you at that time.
- Payment - Payment for your dual credit classes is your responsibility. You can pay at the same time you register or at a later date by visiting the Cashier’s Office or online through MyCardinalConnect.
Criteria for Home-Schooled Students
Home-Schooled students must meet all aforementioned requirements for admission and registration.
Schedule Changes BEFORE first class day
If you need to change a class before the first TVCC class day, then please complete the form below and send it to the dual credit office. Also, if you need to drop a class during the semester, please complete the form below and submit it to your high school counselor.
Dual Credit Student Schedule Change Form
NOTE: You will be withdrawn from classes for failure to make payment by the deadlines posted in the TVCC Course Schedule.