Board of Trustees agenda -- 10/27/14
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, October 27, 2014 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administrative Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Comments from the public.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report.
- Chris Hicks – Adult Education Update
- Upcoming activities and announcements:
- Saturday – SWJCFC Playoffs
- November Board meeting – November 24
5. Consider minutes of the September 22, 2014 regular board meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for September, 2014.
7. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with
Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
October 27, 2014
8. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
(1) Anastacia Armick – Dispatcher
(2) Janice Sutton – Director of Learning Resources
b. New Hires:
(1) Natalie Brown, Instructional Assistant to the Director of Adult
Education, ESL & EL Civics
c. Discuss and consider any changes in reclassification/promotions of staff.
(1) Lee Nicholson – Campus Police Officer to Campus Police Sergeant
(2) Jesse Saxon – Campus Police Officer to Campus Police Investigator
d. Others as necessary.
9. Consider and discuss the Forney annexation memorandum of understanding.