Board of Trustees meeting agenda -- 8/25/14
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, August 25, 2014 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administrative Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Comments from the public.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report.
- Fall enrollment
- Upcoming activities and announcements:
- August 27 - Meet the Cards – Cardinal Gym
- September 8 - second tax rate hearing
- September 22 – regular Board meeting
5. Consider minutes of the July 28, 2014 regular board meeting and the August 13, 2014 special meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for July, 2014.
7. Conduct public hearing on proposed tax increase for 2014-15.
8. Conduct public hearing on proposed budget for 2014-15.
9. Consider approval of the fiscal year 2014-15 budget and related matters.
10. Consider and discuss approval of Auto, Liability, & Property Insurance
August 25, 2014
11. Consider and discuss purchase of vehicles approved at the July Board meeting.
12. Consider and discuss purchase of a new vehicle for the police department.
13. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with
Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.
14. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
(1) Elena Lovato, Head Women’s Basketball Coach
(2) Larry Burkett, Business Computer Information Technology
b. New Hires:
(1) Elsa Apo, Coaching Assistant, Softball
(2) Jill Foltz, Art Professor, Athens
(3) Keith Patton, Welding Instructor, Palestine
(4) Maria Lippart, Guidance Associate I, Palestine
(5) Mary Krieger, ADN Professor, Kaufman
(6) Robert Janeway, Microcomputer/LAN Analyst
(7) Eric Hood, Microcomputer/LAN Analyst
(8) Michael Hart, Business & Computer Science Professor, TDCJ
(9) Carlos Briggs, Coaching Assistant, Men’s Basketball
c. Discuss and consider any changes in reclassification/promotions of staff.
(1) Gerald Ewing, Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach to Head
Women’s Basketball Coach
d. Others as necessary.
(1) Discussion of president’s annual evaluation and
contract for FY14-15