- Submit a completed International Student Application
- Provide the college with all official school transcripts. Transcripts must be translated into English and show date of high school graduation or equivalent.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Provide proof of financial support (minimum of $15,000 U.S. annually)
- Copy of Passport
NOTE: Only completed applications will be considered.
Upon Acceptance and BEFORE Arrival in United States:
- Student is required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee
- The state of Texas has mandated that all students have the meningitis
vaccine. Please provide proof of having taken the meningitis vaccine
prior to reporting to TVCC.
- Make interview appointment with United States Embassy or Consulate to obtain F-1 Visa
Accepted Students Must Adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be a full-time student (minimum of 12 semester hours)
- Live on campus
- Purchase a meal ticket (included in price of room and board)
- Students wishing to pursue a degree with TVCC should submit testing scores. If you are unsure if you are required to test or submit scoring from a previously taken test, contact the registrar or advisement center. If student testing is required, TVCC gives the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) exam on the Athens, Palestine, and Terrell campuses. Visit the Testing Center for information on the TSI exam schedule, or visit on a Cardinal Cruise Day.
Already sure you'll need to test on campus? Be sure to complete the Pre-Assesment Activity online; print and take your Pre-Assesment Certificate with you on testing day.
- Pay tuition and fees upon registration (Exact amount determined by courseload)
- Purchase hospital/health insurance and show evidence of policy before
- Maintain the same academic and attendance standards as other
- Complete an Application for Admission to Trinity Valley Community
Semester Deadline Dates
Fall (August - December) July 15
Spring (January - May) November 15
Summer (June – August) April 15
Please submit all documents to the following address:
Trinity Valley Community College
Director of International Students
100 Cardinal Drive
Athens, TX 75751