Transfer International Students
1Apply to TVCC
Students must apply and create a profile at apply.tvcc.edu . All documentation can be submitted through our online portal. Please do not submit through email.
Fall (August - December)
Spring (January - May)
Summer (May- August)
Students must provide the college with all official school transcripts. Transcripts must be translated into English and show date of high school graduation or equivalent. This includes any credit received for grade school, as well as any other higher education agencies previously attended.
3Provide Proof of English Proficiency
Proof of English proficiency must meet the following requirements:
4Supply Proof of Income
Students must provide proof of financial support; a minimum of $15,000 U.S. annually is required to be considered for acceptance.
TVCC will require a copy of student's passport, current visa, and current I-20.
6Submit Academic Progress
Students must provide a International Student Advisor's Report Form to be considered for admittance.
Please submit all documents at the following link:
Trinity Valley Community College
Office of International Students
100 Cardinal Dr.
Athens, TX 75751
Upon Acceptance and BEFORE Arrival in United States:
- Student is required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee
- Make interview appointment with United States Embassy or Consulate to obtain F-1 Visa
Accepted students must adhere to the following guidelines to maintain their admission status:
- Maintain status as a full time student (minimum of 12 semester credit hours each semester).
- Live on campus in campus housing.
- Purchase a meal ticket (included in costs of room and board).
- Submit testing scores if you are a degree seeking student. If you are unsure if you are required to test or submit scoring from a previously taken test, contact the registrar or advisement center. If student testing is required, TVCC gives the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) exam on the Athens, Palestine, and Terrell campuses. Visit the Testing Center for information on the TSI exam schedule. If you are planning to test on campus be sure to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity online; print and take your Pre-Assessment Certificate with you on testing day.
- Pay tuition and fees upon registration each semester; exact amounts will be determined by course load.
- Purchase hospital/health insurance and show evidence of policy before enrollment.
- Maintain the same academic and attendance standards as other students.