Transfer International Students
1Apply to TVCC
First prospective students must submit a completed International Student Application. Only fully completed applictions will be considered for acceptance.
In addition, students must supply a TVCC application. Students can apply online through applytexas.org by creating an account, and filling out the application through Apply Texas. You will receive a confirmation email upon creating your account, as well as a confirmation that we have received your application for TVCC. A paper application is also available to turn in on any campus, or mail to the registrar's office. Applications submitted online are typically processed within 3-5 business days; however, be aware that during heavy registration times (July, August, and December) turnover may be higher. It is best to apply as early as possible, preferably before the registration period for your starting semester has opened. This allows students ample time to complete the admission process before completing course registration.
Fall (August - December)
Spring (January - May)
Summer (May- August)
Students must provide the college with all official school transcripts. Transcripts must be translated into English and show date of high school graduation or equivalent. This includes any credit received for grade school, as well as any other higher education agencies previously attended.
3Provide Proof of English Proficiency
Proof of English proficiency must meet the following requirements:
4Supply Proof of Income
Students must provide proof of financial support; a minimum of $15,000 U.S. annually is required to be conisdered for acceptance.
TVCC will require a copy of student's passport, current visa, and current I-20.
6Submit Academic Progress
Students must provide a International Student Advisor's Report Form to be considered for admittance.
Please submit all documents at the following link:
Alternatively, you can mail or email your documentation to:
Trinity Valley Community College
Director of International Students
100 Cardinal Dr.
Athens, TX 75751
Upon Acceptance and BEFORE Arrival in United States:
- Student is required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee
- The state of Texas has mandated that all students have the meningitis vaccine. Please provide proof of having taken the meningitis vaccine prior to reporting to TVCC.
- Make interview appointment with United States Embassy or Consulate to obtain F-1 Visa
Accepted students must adhere to the following guidelines to maintain their admission status:
- Maintain status as a full time student (minimum of 12 semester credit hours each semester).
- Live on campus in campus housing.
- Purchase a meal ticket (included in costs of room and board).
- Submit testing scores if you are a degree seeking student. If you are unsure if you are required to test or submit scoring from a previously taken test, contact the registrar or advisement center. If student testing is required, TVCC gives the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) exam on the Athens, Palestine, and Terrell campuses. Visit the Testing Center for information on the TSI exam schedule. If you are planning to test on campus be sure to complete the Pre-Assesment Activity online; print and take your Pre-Assesment Certificate with you on testing day.
- Pay tuition and fees upon registration each semester; exact amounts will be determined by course load.
- Purchase hospital/health insurance and show evidence of policy before enrollment.
- Maintain the same academic and attendance standards as other students.