The following items are required for Admission to Trinity Valley Community College
- Submit a completed International Student Application
- $80 Application Fee
- Provide the college with all official school transcripts. Foreign transcripts must be translated into English and show date of high school graduation or equivalent. Additionally, TVCC must receive transcripts from all previously attended colleges.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Provide proof of financial support (minimum of $12,000 U.S. annually)
- International Student Advisor's Report Form
- Copy of Passport, Visa, and Current I-20
NOTE: Only completed applications will be considered.
Upon Acceptance and BEFORE Arrival to Trinity Valley Community College:
- The state of Texas has mandated that all students have the meningitis
vaccine. Please provide proof of having taken the meningitis vaccine
prior to reporting to TVCC.
Accepted Students Must Adhere to the following guidelines:
- Be a full-time student (minimum of 12 semester hours)
- Live on campus
- Purchase a meal ticket (included in price of room and board)
- Enroll in appropriate courses as determined by the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Assessment placement scores.
- The placement test will be scheduled by the Office of International Students at the beginning of each semester. Prior to testing, students must complete the Pre-Assessment Activitiy (PAA) and then take the TSI Assessment before starting college. You will not be able to test without a PAA Certificate which you must print at the end of the Pre-Assessment Activity and bring to the test administration.
- Pay tuition and fees upon registration (Exact amount determined by courseload)
- Purchase hospital/health insurance and show evidence of policy before
- Maintain the same academic and attendance standards as other
- Complete an Application for Admission to Trinity Valley Community
Semester Deadline Dates
Fall (August - December) July 15
Spring (January - May) November 15
Summer (June – August) April 15
Please submit all documents to the following address:
Trinity Valley Community College
Director of International Students
100 Cardinal Drive
Athens, TX 75751