Trinity Valley Community College is inviting applications for appointment to the TVCC Board of Trustees to fill the remainder of the term for District 9 which expires May 2022. Applications are due by March 1st, 2021.
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be: Totally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated with the right to vote
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: *For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot; for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; for an appointee to an office, the date of the appointment is made.
- Be a qualified (registered) voter in the voting unit to be represented.
- Take the official oath of office.
- Serve without compensation.
(Education Code 130.082 (d))
Applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume including, previous board or leadership experience to Trinity Valley Community College, Human Resources Director Janene Dotts, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751 or by e-mail to email@example.com. For more information contact Dotts at 903-675-6215 or at the e-mail listed.