The College-Level Examination Program® or CLEP provides students of any age with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses.
CLEP exam fees are $85 for each test (plus a $25 proctoring fee made payable to TVCC on the day of the test). Payment of $85 to CLEP must be made online prior to the test date by going to the CLEP website. You must create and manage your personal account through the My Account registration portal. The registration platform will allow you to register for a CLEP exam 24/7, manage your personal information any time prior to taking the exam, search for test centers, select your score recipient institution, and purchase study materials. All examinees must have one form of personal identification with photo in order to be admitted.
TVCC will accept a maximum of eighteen (18) semester hours of credit from any of the 18 courses listed in the college catalog, provided that the student meets the stipulations noted.
- CLEP credit may not be earned for any course in which the student has already earned a grade of A, B,C, D, F,W, or I.
- CLEP credit will not be awarded for any courses in which a student is currently enrolled, has been previously enrolled and/or earned a grade, or has previously failed.
- CLEP scores may be no more than ten (10) years old to receive credit at TVCC.
- Students must have a minimum of three (3) semester hours in residence at TVCC before CLEP credit will be posted to the student's transcript.
TVCC is an open testing center for CLEP testing. Exams are administered at the Testing Center in Athens only.
To register, call or come by the Testing Center to set up an appointment at 903-675-6385.
On the day of the exam:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to complete the CLEP registration form.
- Examinees will pay a $25 proctoring fee to the business office.
- A CLEP voucher with a voucher number on it should be brought to the Testing Center.
- All examinees must have one form of personal identification in order to be admitted.
Your driver’s license, passport or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The last name on your ID must match the name on your registration ticket. The ID you bring must meet the following criteria:
For more information about CLEP, visit the CLEP website.
Study guides and test preparation materials for CLEP are available at the TVCC Athens bookstore, most major bookstores and through the College Board website.