The office of International Students is located on the Athens campus in the
Pirtle Administration Building Room 110
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8. TOEFL score of 450 paper, 132 computer or 41 internet based
TRINITY VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE REQUIRES THAT EACH INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICANT:
1. Submit a completed International Student Application
2. Be a high school graduate or equivalent
3. Provide the college with all official transcripts. Transcripts must be
translated into English.
4. Have a "C" average or above on previous school work
5. The state of Texas has mandated that all students have the meningitis
vaccine. Please provide proof of having taken the meningitis vaccine
prior to reporting to TVCC.
6. Provide proof of financial support (minimum of $11,000 U.S. annually)
7. Enroll in appropriate courses as determined by the TSI (Texas Success Initiative) Assessment placement scores.
The placement test will be given at the beginning of each semester. Prior to testing,
students must complete the Pre-Assessment Activitiy (PAA) and then take the
TSI Assessment before starting college. You will not be able to test without a
PAA Certificate which you must print at the end of the Pre-Assessment Activity
and bring to the test administration.
9. Pay a $80 U.S. non-refundable application fee
10. Submit completed Foreign Student Advisor's Report Form , if
transferring from another institution
11. Student may be required to pay a SEVIS I-901 fee
12. Application Deadlines:
Semester Deadline Date
Fall (August-December) July 15
Spring (January-May) November 15
Summer I (June) April 15 (Transfer students only)
Summer II (July) April 15 (Transfer students only)
13. Please submit all documents to the following address:
Trinity Valley Community College
Vice President for Student Affairs
100 Cardinal Drive
Athens, TX 75751
NOTE: Only completed applications will be considered.
IF ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION, APPLICANT MUST:
1. Be a full-time student (minimum of 12 semester hours)
2. Live on campus
3. Purchase a meal ticket (included in price of room and board)
4. Pay tuition and fees upon registration
5. Purchase hospital/health insurance and show evidence of policy before
6. Maintain the same academic and attendance standards as other
7. Complete an Application for Admission to Trinity Valley Community
8. Complete a Texas Residency Form
Fall and Spring Semesters
Tuition/Fees: $1,820 U.S. per semester
Room/Board: $2,200 U.S. per semester
Books: $700 U.S. per semester
Personal Expenses: $780 U.S. per semester
Total: $5,500 per semester / $11,000 per year
International Students Organization
The International Students Organization assists students in overcoming cultural differences and adjusting to life at Trinity Valley Community College. A variety of activities scheduled throughout the year aid in this adjustment process. For more information on TVCC, go to www.tvcc.edu.
Students coming from outside the United States find Athens, Texas nestled in the heart of scenic East Texas, which helps them adjust quickly to a rural environment. The Athens campus lies 75 miles east of Dallas, 189 miles north of Houston, and 36 miles west of Tyler.
In Athens, they find a friendly, family oriented community that is home to festivals, a world-class fisheries genetic research center for black bass, the East Texas Arboretum, and many other points.
For more information on Athens, Texas, please visit the chamber of commerce website at http://www.athenscc.org.
The following two applications/forms must be completed*
International Student Application (pdf version; Microsoft Word version)
International Student Application
International Student Advisor's Report
*Unless labeled, all applications are Adobe Acrobat Reader files
Applications and brochures open in a new window
International Student Advisor
Director of International Students/Recruiter
Fax: (903) 675-6209