Federal Direct Loan (DL) Stafford Loan Eligibility Requirements
• Student must have a completed Financial Aid file.
• Student must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress as set by the Financial Aid Office. Click here to see the policy.
• Student must be enrolled on at least half-time basis (6 hours Fall, Spring, and Mini Summer semesters or 3 hours in Summer I or Summer II semesters).
• Student must not be in default on any federal student loan or owe a refund back to the Department of Education.
• Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen.
• The student (or the student’s parent when applying for a PLUS loan) must not be in default on any federal loan or owe a refund back to any federal program.
• The Student must not be in active bankruptcy status.