Continuing & Workforce Ed Scholarship
TVCC Continuing & Workforce Ed. Scholarship
Limited funds are available. This grant may be awarded for a percentage of the student's tuition balance or a specific dollar amount. Students are reponsible for the remaining costs of tuition at the time of enrollment. scholarships are awardede on a first come basis. Award is not guaranteed until the registration is complete and the balance of the tuition is paid.
This scholarship is dependent upon student eligibility as verified by the Financial Aid office and the availability of funds. (Failure to pass a class may prevent future eligibility for grant funds.) The scholarships are available for approved workforce training classes only. To apply for this grant the student must:
- Apply for and qualify for a PELL grant in the academic year of the class to be taken (contact Financial Aid at 903-675-6233 for application instructions or go to www.fafsa.ed.gov on the web);
- Come to Continuing & Workforce Educations service window on the Athens campus or the Continuing Education office on the Terrell, Palestine or Kaufman campuses.
- Register for the selected, qualifying class and complete the Financial Aid application.
- Return approved application to Continuing & Workforce Educations office for completion of the scholarship.
- Pay the balance of tuition. Grant is not applied until balance of tuition is paid. Funds are available on a first come, first served basis, and enrollment is not complete until balance of tuition is paid.