T.P.E.G. Funds (Texas Public Education Grant)
Limited grant funds are available. These grants awarded through the Continuing & Workforce Education Department are for qualifying non-credit workforce-related classes.
Grants may be awarded for a percentage of the student's tuition balance or a specific dollar amount. Students are responsible for the remaining costs of tuition at the time of enrollment. Grant awards are on a first-come, first-served basis. Award is not guaranteed until the registration is complete and the balance of the tuition is paid. (Failure to pass a course may prevent future eligibility for grant funds).
Grants are dependent upon student eligibility as verified by providing documentation of financial need and the availability of funds. Examples of accepted forms of documentation may include: Current Medicaid eligibility of house hold children, free/reduced lunch eligibility, Head Start eligibility of house hold children, FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
To apply for a T.P.E.G. grant, please follow these steps:
- Complete the Continuing & Workforce Ed Financial Aid Application and provide approved documentation of financial need. NOTE: Students using the FAFSA Student Aid Report must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and attach a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) to their application. [If using SAR for eligibility, additional documentation may be required from the TVCC financial aid office). Return the application form and documentation to TVCC Continiung & Workforce Education office for final approval. Funds are not awarded until the remaining tuition balance is paid.
- Additional financial aid may be available to students meeting other qualifications. Please contact the Continuing & Workforce Education office to see if you might qualify for additional assistance.
- Complete Class Registration Form
- Pay any remaining tuition balance. Enrollment is complete when tuition balance is receipted.
- Any student refund would be for the portion of tuition paid by the student.