NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, February 27, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, TX. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
Open meeting with prayer.
Consider public comments.
Ft. Worth Stock Show results
TVCC Vocational Nursing program pass rates and commendation
State budget update from TACC
ACCT Meeting, October 10-13, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts
March Board meeting – March 26
Consider the minutes of the January 23, 2012 meeting.
Consider the business, financial, and investment reports for January, 2012.
6. Consider and discuss bond refinancing proposals.
7. Discuss and consider redistricting process.
8. Discuss and consider tuition and fee rates for FY2012-2013.
9. Discuss and consider renewing Cain Center memo of understanding.
10. Discuss and consider electricity rates and provider.
11. Discuss and consider change in Board policy CJ (Local) – Transportation Management.
12. Discuss and consider change in Board policy DC (Local) – Hiring Practices.
13. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074:
(1) Robert Gage, Maintenance, Palestine - Deceased
(2) Bruce Odom, Government/History Instructor, Athens – Retired
(3) Kevela Kirby – Housing Manager, Athens - Resigned
b. New Hires:
(1) Kim Sparks, Executive Assistant II, Vice President of Instruction, Athens
(2) Vicki Dossett, Counselor/Assistant to the Provost, Palestine Campus
(1) Karon Bean, Executive Assistant I, Associate Vice President of TDCJ-Correctional Programs
d. Other personnel issues