Board Agenda for September 24, 2012
Posted: 9/17/2012 8:16:10 AM
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, September 24, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report
5. Consider minutes of the August 27, 2012 Board meeting and the September 10, 2012 tax rate hearing.
Customer Service Training
Next schedule Board meeting – October 22, 2012
6. Consider business, financial and investment reports for August, 2012.
7. Consider setting the tax rate for the college’s regular and maintenance districts.
8. Consider approving the tax roll levy for Trinity Valley Community College for Kaufman County Tax Appraisal Roll.
9. Consider and discuss approval of non-participation of employees in the State Employee Charitable Contribution Program CDDA (LOCAL) policy.
10. Consider and discuss college purchasing policy.
11. Consider and discuss request by TVCC Student Senate to travel to Romania for humanitarian service.
12. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074:
(1) Mary Koelling – P/T Computer Lab Assistant
(2) Angela Rossman – P/T Computer Lab Assistant
b. New Hires:
(1) Thomas Booth – Biology Professor
(2) Joseph Collier – English Professor
(3) Josie Kallhoff – Housing Manager
(4) Peter Miller – Choral Professor & Accompanist
(5) Lianna Reid – Executive Assistant, Assoc. VP of Academic Affairs
(6) Ronda Hamilton – Administrative Assistant, Counseling
(7) Mark Leslie – Recruiting Coordinator
(8) Tony Buford – Shipping, Receiving & Transportation Assistant
(1) Robert Brittain – Computer Lab Coordinator
(2) Jody Johnson – From full-time to part-time Nursing Professor
d. Other personnel issues
(1) Discuss president’s contract and/or bonus.