Director of Applications Support (req 21)
Trinity Valley Community College
100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751
Phone: 903-675-6202 Fax: 903-675-6248 (Please call and verify fax was received.)
TITLE: Director of Applications Support
REQUISITION NUMBER: 21
MONTHS TO BE WORKED PER YEAR: 12
SALARY: $71,612 - $78,772
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
An associate degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited College or University.
A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited College or University.
Five years of experience supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solutions in a Higher Education environment. Two years of experience managing technology projects and supervising technical personnel. Experience managing vendor relationships.
Experience with the Ellucian line of products. Experience with Colleague, imaging systems, workflows, and integrations is desirable. Experience with Microsoft 365 as a user. Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI or similar reporting environments a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Typing/Data Entry
- Computer software proficiency - Microsoft Office/365
- Operating equipment - office or otherwise
- Written and oral communication
- Interpersonal and/or customer service skills
- Public Speaking/Presenting
- Budget and Accounting Principles
- Basic Math
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Federal regulations and directives
- Operational systems and procedures
- Compliance Law
- Administrative practices
- Organize and plan work
- Analyze situations, and problems
- Monitor important and complex projects concurrently
- Critical Thinking
- Assist in establishing policies, procedures and programming standards for software applications supported by the group
- Support the software solutions assigned to the group, which includes but is not limited to the College ERP solution, the imaging solution, integrations solution, and others
- Assist with decisions on the buy-vs-build discussions
- Act as a liaison between IT and other departments of the College by:
- Gathering and analyzing data and process information to understand current practices with an eye toward suggesting and implementing process or solution improvements
- Assisting with the definition of business requirements
- Designing and developing systems modifications and customizations
- Implement and manage systems integrations and interfaces
- Participate in all phases of the systems development life cycle (planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance)
- Design and execute testing plans
- Create and maintain project plans
- Document new programs or modifications to existing programs
- Conduct research, evaluate, and recommend software technologies that improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of the College
- Responsible for migration of legacy programs to modern architecture
- Monitor email and service desk software for user requests. Provide assistance to users as needed
- Coordinate and lead technical training sessions for users of applications solutions
- Maintain documentation across projects, processes, and operations
- Employ existing reporting tools and technical ability to fulfill information requests
- Work closely with other members of Information Technology
- Other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisory personnel
- Maintain confidentiality when required
- Abide by TVCC policies and procedures
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job performance annually, and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- Implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules, assigning, and monitoring work, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, scheduling expenditures, monitoring variances, and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure quality and customer service standards are adhered to as a department.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the college’s plans and vision
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Standard office equipment
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Cellular phone
- Requires: Reaching, Walking, Finger dexterity, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Repetitive Motions, Sedentary Work, Computer Work
- Subject to: Light Work
- May need: Kneeling, Crouching, Medium Work
- Occasionally need to: Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Lifting, Grasping
MENTAL/PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS:
- Emotional Control:
- Frequent interruptions: 25-50% of the time
TO APPLY: Submit TVCC application and resume to Human Resources, Trinity Valley Community College, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751. All documentation must be received on or before the application deadline. Applications are available on the following website www.tvcc.edu. Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline and selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. All TVCC positions are security sensitive and require a criminal background check.
Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires we employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment (see Form I 9). No one will be placed on the College payroll until all employment procedures are fully satisfied. Information contained on this vacancy announcement is subject to correction as a result of typographical error, omission, or changes resulting from institutional restructuring and/or funding.
Trinity Valley Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX phone: 903-675-6215, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If special accommodations are needed, please call Human Resources.