*In-House* Campus Director - Terrell (req 17)
Trinity Valley Community College
100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751
Phone: 903-675-6202 Fax: 903-675-6248 (Please call and verify fax was received.)
In-House VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE: Campus Director - Terrell
REQUISITION NUMBER: 17
MONTHS TO BE WORKED PER YEAR: 12 months
SALARY: Additional $13,400 per year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 25, 2023 or until filled.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Three (3) years’ work experience in higher education or student services area.
Five (5) years’ work experience in higher education or student services area at a community college, and supervisory experience of full-time staff.
OTHER LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Typing/Data Entry
- Computer software proficiency – Microsoft Office
- Operating equipment – office or otherwise
- Written and oral communication
- Interpersonal and/or customer service skills
- Public Speaking/ Presenting
- Basic Math
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Budget and Accounting Principals
- Administrative Practices
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day operations of the campus.
- Work in conjunction with the instructional team to develop and monitor the campus budget, approve expenditures, and prepare reports.
- Coordinates special campus projects, and planning groups, and assists with projects until completion.
- Collaborates with the instructional leadership team and community leaders to establish and maintain the TVCC campus as an involved community partner with advisory committees, school districts, chambers of commerce, economic developers, and other community members.
- In conjunction with the instructional leadership team, build relationships with community members to expand program offerings and grow industry relationships.
- Prepare students for career search efforts, resume building skills, and interview skills, and connect them with related resources.
- Respond to student complaints, and registration problems, identify, document, and implement solutions and refer to supervisor.
- Liaison for the placement service (GradCast) responsible for completing a form indicating Certificate and AAS degree workforce graduates upon graduation (Fall, Spring, and Summer) and in the workforce capstone courses. Complete periodic reports that show Workforce graduate placement rates.
- Develop knowledge of various characteristics of “non-traditional” and “special population” students and link their needs to the education, training, and support services and programs of TVCC.
- Collaborate with the TVCC Workforce Education division and other college staff to develop support services, research tools, and evaluation models to meet state and federal program and reporting requirements.
- Train all advisors on the appropriate career advisement methods for ensuring students identify their chosen career early in the process and are placed on the right pathway to success in that career.
- Coordinate career assessment questionnaires for students to determine career path/job interest.
- Assist students and non-students with admissions information, degree plan choice, and admissions requirements.
- Advise students on policies relating to class attendance, academic loads, conduct, and scholastic standards.
- Assist workforce students in planning educational pathways compatible with their needs, interests, and ability.
- Assist workforce students with course advisement and registration and approve students’ class schedules, course changes, and program modifications.
- Answer inquiries and resolve problems regarding programs, faculty, faculty support services, student support services, campus events, and canceled classes.
- Coordinate registration and late registration process.
- Serve as an alternate test administrator.
- Teach freshman orientation classes on campus and coordinate new student freshman orientation for admissions.
- Cooperate with the director of recruiting and high school outreach in the recruitment of students.
- Cooperate with Director of Admissions/Registrar on admissions documents, registration documents, and graduation application process.
- Work with the Instructional leadership team to develop class schedules for each semester.
- Assist faculty with any issues needing attention
- Maintain and archive student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintain working knowledge of college policies and procedures and respond to emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring work processes.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job performance annually, and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- Implements and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Regularly communicates with faculty, staff, students, and others regarding college policies, procedures, and processes.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules, assigning and monitoring work, and gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information, scheduling expenditures, monitoring variances, and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensure quality and customer service standards are adhered to as a department.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the college’s plans and vision
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Standard office equipment
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Multi-line phone system
- Fax machine
- Required: walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and computer work.
- Subject to: reaching, standing, and lifting.
- May: stooping, and crouching.
- Occasionally: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, sedentary work, light work, and medium work.
- Emotional control under stress more than 50% of the time
- Frequent interruptions more than 50% of the time
TO APPLY: Submit TVCC application and resume to Human Resources, Trinity Valley Community College, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751. All documentation must be received on or before the application deadline. Applications are available on the following website www.tvcc.edu. Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline and selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. All TVCC positions are security sensitive and require a criminal background check.
Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires we employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment (see Form I 9). No one will be placed on the College payroll until all employment procedures are fully satisfied. Information contained on this vacancy announcement is subject to correction as a result of typographical error, omission, or changes resulting from institutional restructuring and/or funding.
Trinity Valley Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX phone: 903-675-6215, e-mail: email@example.com
If special accommodations are needed, please call Human Resources.