Accounting Clerk (req 18)
Trinity Valley Community College
100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751
Phone: 903-675-6202 Fax: 903-675-6248 (Please call and verify fax was received.)
TITLE: Accounting Clerk
REQUISITION NUMBER: 18
MONTHS TO BE WORKED PER YEAR: 12 months
SALARY: $33,206 - $36,527.12
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED with specialized courses in accounting, business or closely related field
Two (2) years’ experience in computerized clerical accounting applications, accounts receivable, cashiering, or related area
Experience in higher education.
OTHER LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Typing/Data Entry
- Computer software proficiency – Microsoft Office
- Operating equipment – office or otherwise
- Written and oral communication
- Interpersonal and/or customer service skills
- Basic Math
- Attention to detail
- Operational systems and procedures
- Assist and answer questions from students, faculty, administration and public regarding student account balances and other college related information.
- Transact business at the cashier’s window.
- Maintain the cash drawer, balance cash daily.
- Serve as the primary backup for the Accounting Specialist (Accounts Receivable)
- Assist in maintaining overdue balance process including placing student accounts in overdue status and placing or releasing holds on student accounts.
- Recommend enhancements to accounts receivable related policies and procedures; implement upon approval by the Controller.
- Manage student portal including student payment returns and communication management
- Act as lead cashier and point person for cashiers at all campus locations
- Serve as assistant to department staff members responsible for general ledger, bank account reconciliation, accounts payable, grant accounting, fixed asset accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, and other related duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Accounting Services and Controller, or other appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Standard office equipment
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Multi-line phone system
- Fax machine
- Requires: reaching, walking, finger dexterity, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, sedentary work, and computer work.
- Emotional control under stress less than 25% of the time
TO APPLY: Submit TVCC application and resume to Human Resources, Trinity Valley Community College, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751. All documentation must be received on or before the application deadline. Applications are available on the following website www.tvcc.edu. Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline and selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. All TVCC positions are security sensitive and require a criminal background check.
Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires we employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment (see Form I 9). No one will be placed on the College payroll until all employment procedures are fully satisfied. Information contained on this vacancy announcement is subject to correction as a result of typographical error, omission, or changes resulting from institutional restructuring and/or funding.
Trinity Valley Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX phone: 903-675-6215, e-mail: email@example.com
If special accommodations are needed, please call Human Resources.