Administrative Assistant, Advising (req 5)
Trinity Valley Community College
100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751
Phone: 903-675-6202 Fax: 903-675-6248 (Please call and verify fax was received.)
TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Advising
REQUISITION NUMBER: 5
MONTHS TO BE WORKED PER YEAR: 12
SALARY: $33,206 - $36,527.12
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 15, 2023
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED.
Associate’s degree or certificate
Two (2) years’ work experience as in a general office environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Typing/Data Entry
- Computer software proficiency – Microsoft Office
- Written and oral communication
- Interpersonal and/or customer service skills
- Public Speaking/Presenting
- Basic Math
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Perform receptionist duties such as greet visitors, answer inquiries, screen telephone calls, and route incoming calls.
- Perform office duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or student efforts, including, submitting budget adjustments/requests, invoicing, scheduling, maintaining files, processing mail, and all other clerical duties as assigned.
- Gather, analyze, and enter data, to produce routine/special reports and documents.
- Maintain office supplies
- Assist in supervising student assistants, as needed.
- Maintain office equipment, and notify IT of equipment malfunctions or issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information and records as required by FERPA.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining current/future departmental or college software.
- Assist with web content for designated area, as needed
- Work assigned schedule and comply with the timekeeping policy
- Perform all other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Standard office equipment
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Multi-line phone system
- Fax machine
- Requires: Balancing, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, and computer work.
- Subject to: Stooping, pulling, and sedentary work.
- May need: Crouching, pushing, and light work.
- Occasionally need to: medium work
- Emotional control under stress 25% of the time
- Frequent interruptions more than 25% of the time
TO APPLY: Submit TVCC application and resume to Human Resources, Trinity Valley Community College, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751. All documentation must be received on or before the application deadline. Applications are available on the following website www.tvcc.edu. Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline and selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. All TVCC positions are security sensitive and require a criminal background check.
Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires we employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment (see Form I 9). No one will be placed on the College payroll until all employment procedures are fully satisfied. Information contained on this vacancy announcement is subject to correction as a result of typographical error, omission, or changes resulting from institutional restructuring and/or funding.
Trinity Valley Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX phone: 903-675-6215, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If special accommodations are needed, please call Human Resources.