Admissions & Records Specialist (req 9)
Trinity Valley Community College
100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751
Phone: 903-675-6202 Fax: 903-675-6248 (Please call and verify fax was received.)
TITLE: Admissions & Records Specialist
REQUISITION NUMBER: 9
LOCATION: Athens Campus
SALARY: $30,851 - $33,936
MONTHS TO BE WORKED PER YEAR: 12 months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 1, 2023 or until filled.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED
Two (2) years recent work experience
OTHER LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Typing/Data Entry
- Computer software proficiency – Microsoft Office
- Operating equipment – office or otherwise
- Written and oral communication
- Interpersonal and/or customer service skills
- Basic Math
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Serve as the frontline of the institution relaying institutional information.
- Acts as an information source, providing information related to TVCC policies and procedures and state and federal regulations related to admissions/registration in one or more areas to which assigned, including but not limited to transcript services, forms and records management.
- Performs clerical tasks in the preparation and maintenance of records, including, coding and data entry to permanent student records, enrollment verification, processing transcript requests, and process letters of non-enrollment for students
- Process applications for enrollment; accept applications, input data, verifies for completeness and accuracy and screens students for eligibility. Process and maintain communications management for applicants and prospective students.
- Acts as student records quality control person in reviewing student record corrections (Social Security numbers, grades, etc.), merging records as needed, removing duplicate records, and interpreting data following national student admission guidelines. Quality assurance checks of scanned admissions documents
- Researches and corrects transcript discrepancies.
- Assists students and/or process requests to obtain records and/or copies of transcripts via requests; process verifications of enrollment as requested; place or remove holds on student records when they have obligations to the campus as needed.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information that includes researching, analyzing and summarizing data from student files/records.
- Receive, review and maintain department records and documents as they relate to transcript and verification requests.
- Provide general office support to work area, such as, maintaining files, ordering supplies, manage wait lists, etc.
- Coordinate the admissions and registration processes for special programs and populations.
- Processing, documents and answering questions that requires considerable attention to detail.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts for transfer credit eligibility. Maintain knowledge of TCCNS.
- Responsible for printing out PSER, Post-Secondary Education Reimbursement, forms for all students eligible, as needed.
- Generate Rosters for Vocational/Academic, if required.
- Work with necessary personnel concerning enrollment problems.
- Process student correspondence concerning grades, graduation status, etc. as needed.
- Evaluate reverse transfer credit and work with completion advisor to determine graduation eligibility
- Imaging of records such as: scan applications, transcripts, test scores, shot records, and misc. forms for consistency
- Responsible for certificate printing, mailing certificates, and maintaining records of students who complete vocational trades/AAS degrees as needed
- Assist with the processing and distribution of mail and correspondence between offices.
- Process and interpret test scores and shot records. Process grade changes and post articulated credit as needed.
- May participate and assist with college recruiting efforts, attendance at graduation, and assist with Cardinal Pride Orientation.
- Work with the Registrar in the development of process improvement strategies.
- Provides backup for other areas in Student Services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Standard office equipment
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Multi-line phone system
- Seat belts
- Fax machine
- Requires: Standing, Walking, Lifting, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Repetitive Motions, Computer Work
- Subject to: Stooping, Pushing, Crouching, Reaching, Pulling, Sedentary to Medium Work
- May need: Heavy to Very Heavy Work
- Occasionally need to: Climbing, Balancing,
- Emotional control under stress: Less than 25% of the time
- Frequent interruptions: 25-50 % of the time
TO APPLY: Submit TVCC application and resume to Human Resources, Trinity Valley Community College, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX 75751. All documentation must be received on or before the application deadline. Applications are available on the following website www.tvcc.edu. Applications will be reviewed after the application deadline and selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. All TVCC positions are security sensitive and require a criminal background check.
Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires we employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment (see Form I 9). No one will be placed on the College payroll until all employment procedures are fully satisfied. Information contained on this vacancy announcement is subject to correction as a result of typographical error, omission, or changes resulting from institutional restructuring and/or funding.
Trinity Valley Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 100 Cardinal Drive, Athens, TX phone: 903-675-6215, e-mail: email@example.com
If special accommodations are needed, please call Human Resources.