The Kaufman Health Science Center has moved to the new Terrell Health Science Center at 1551 SH 34 South, Terrell, Texas 75160. The main number is 469-614-3800. Construction is not complete but all Health Science faculty and staff are now at the new facility. Open house will be announced later - probably in April.
Health Occupations Division
With a shortage of health care workers, the growth of the community, and the increased demand for health care, there is a great interest in the quality health occupations programs offered at Trinity Valley. Graduates find employment in a variety of settings, with the majority staying in the area. The success of the programs is due to the selection processes, the support from college administration, the desire to excel on the part of the students and faculty, the support of the clinical affiliates, and the community support.
Currently offered health occupations programs at TVCC are:
1. Associate Degree Nursing - at Terrell HSC with videoconferencing to Athens starting each fall
2. LVN-to-ADN Transition - at Terrell HSC with videoconferencing to Athens starting each May
3. Paramedic-to-ADN Transition - at Terrell HSC with videoconferencing to Athens starting each May
4. Vocational Nursing - in Palestine starting in the fall and at Terrell HSC starting in the spring
5. Surgical Technology at Terrell HSC starting each fall
6. Emergency Medical Services - EMT Basic in Athens, Terrell HSC and Palestine each fall and spring and Paramedic in Terrell HSC and Athens starting each summer
7. Patient Care Technology - in Terrell HSC each all and spring
8. Nursing/Medical Assistant - in Athens each fall and spring
9. Pharmacy Tech in - Athens, Terrell HSC starting each fall
Clinical facilities are used in Kaufman, Terrell, Athens, Palestine, Greenville, Rowlett, Mesquite, Dallas, Sunnyvale, Ennis, Corsicana, and Jacksonville. The variety of clinical experiences available, and the assistance received from the staff make it possible for TVCC graduates to become proficient health care providers.
Visit the current Health Occupations brochure for detailed information about eligilbity requirements, selections processes, immunization requirements, curricula, estimated expenses and other important information.
For students in this course who may have a criminal background, please be advised that the background could keep you from being licensed by the State of Texas. If you have a question about your background and licensure, please speak with your faculty member or the department chair. You also have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter from the applicable licensing agency.