The Vocational Nursing Program in Palestine is currently accepting Late Applications via the student's Cardinal Connection for the new class that will begin in August 2019.
Contact the counselor in Kaufman (972) 932-5721 or Palestine (903) 723-7040 for more information
Vocational Nursing Program- Palestine
The Vocational Nursing (VN) Program is based out of Palestine, Texas. We are located in the newer TVCC Palestine Workforce Education Center conveniently located at 2100 South Loop 256. We are a 12 month program that begins in August and ends the following August. Our partner medical facilities are all within 35 miles of Palestine. Our curriculum is a hands-on Monday through Friday program. The Health Occupations Brochure has a comprehensive list of requirements for the VN Program.
The VN Program is approved through the Texas Board of Nursing and successful completion will make you eligible to take the licensing board exam to become a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
- BIOL 2404- Intro to Anatomy & Physiology
- PSYC 2314- Human Growth & Development
- GED or High School Diploma
- General admission to TVCC
- TSI Complete (this is done through the college)
- HESI A2 Exam: Reading ≥79%, Math ≥75%, & Grammar ≥75%
When do I have to apply to get into the program?
- Application Deadlines: September 15st - December 1st the year prior to admission. If program seats are still available, late applications will be opened in May.
What do I need to do first?
- Apply for general admissions to TVCC Admission & Applications
- Must have official transcripts from high school or proof of GED and all colleges attended sent to TVCC Health Science Center Counselor at 800 Ed Hall Drive, Kaufman, TX 75142.
- Complete Vocational Nursing- Palestine Online Application (it is only available during open application period and only if you have already applied for general admission to TVCC).
- Applicants must be able to pass the Texas Board of Nursing eligibility requirements. You may read over the requirements by clicking on the following link: http://www.bon.texas.gov/licensure_eligibility.asp. If you have any particular questions regarding the board requirements, you can call Sherry Landers 903-723-7017 or e-mail question to email@example.com.
- Immunizations must be up-to-date or in progress. Details about immunization requirements are located on page nine of the Health Occupations Brochure.
- Selections are based on GPA average and a point system found on page five of the Health Occupations Brochure.
For more information contact:
TVCC Palestine Workforce Education Center
2100 South Loop 256
Palestine, TX 75801
Pictured above - VN Program Team
Top left: Jennifer Collins, RN
Top right: Sherry Landers, Admin. Assistant
Bottom left: Sandy Roberson, BSN, RN
Bottom right: Elizabeth Starr, MSN, BSN, RN
For students in this course who may have a criminal background, please be advised that the background could keep you from being licensed by the State of Texas. If you have a question about your background and licensure, please speak with your faculty member or the department chair. You also have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter from the applicable licensing agency.