Two Options for Student Drops:
1My Cardinal Connect
Student eligible for self-registration, can also drop themselves from classes through their My Cardinal Connect Portal. If you think you are eligible to drop, there are instructions on how to do so available.
2Student Drop Request Form
If your student portal will not allow you to drop your course, you may be ineligible for online registration/schedule changes. Use the Student Drop Request button below for assistance.
Before initiating a drop, students should consider the following:
- Have you spoken to the Financial Aid Office / VA representative? Make sure you understand any possible financial aid/scholarship consequences that may result from dropping. Financial Aid is ANY tuition assistance that did not come out of your own pocket.
- Do you live on campus? IF you are residing in campus housing, you must retain 12 credit hours each semester to remain eligible for your dorm.
- Have you spoken with your course instructor? Things may not be as bad as they seem. TVCC encourages students to reach out to their instructor if they are having difficulty.
- Will this drop change your graduation plans? If you have already applied for graduation, it is best to consult an advisor to ensure dropping a course does not prolong your plans for graduation.
- If you are involved in extracurricular programs, have you spoken with your coach or director? You may be required to get a signature approving any drops from your coach or director before a drop can be processed for you.
- If you are uncomfortable with performing a drop through your portal, or just want ot visit before making a decision, PLEASE consult an academic advisor to complete your drop.