ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
Trinity Valley Community College maintains an open door admissions policy and constantly strives to provide
programs beneficial to all students. The following requirements must be met
and procedures completed before admission is approved.
Students enrolling in college for the first time may qualify for admission by any one of the following methods:
2. satisfactory completion of the General Educational Developmental Test (GED).
2. verification by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice of high school transcript
or GED (copy for file),
3. *official Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Test results or results from an
approved alternative test.
Students who have previously attended and earned hours at other accredited colleges may qualify for admission
if the following documents are submitted:
2. an official transcript of grades and credits at all colleges previously attended,
3. *official Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Test results or results from
an approved alternative test.
All TDCJ students must be approved by Trinity Valley Community College at the appropriate unit. Final clearance and approval for students to enroll in college courses is given by TDCJ. The College shall recognize and use the offender’s TDCJ incarcerated name on all class rosters, registration and billing documents, graduation lists, diplomas and any other official College correspondence.
* If a student is required to take the TSI Test and does not receive the minimum required scores on the TSI or an approved alternative test, he will be required to enroll in prescribed developmental studies courses and remain in such courses until he has satisfied the college’s developmental policy.