How to write an incident report.
HOW TO WRITE AN INCIDENT REPORT
- All incident reports are to be typed and submitted via email to the campus Judicial Officer.
- Complete the report thoroughly and accurately, including all complete pertinent information about the incident and persons involved (time, place, date, names, address).
- Be concise and to the point, while still being thorough and complete.
- DO NOT write from your emotion – leave editorial OUT (though you can share unofficial information verbally , remember that anything written, INCLUDING EMAIL, can be considered an official document).
- DO NOT speculate – you are reporting facts, not conjecture.
- Complete the report IMMEDIATELY after the incident – details fade fast.
- Take notes if necessary and flesh out the details later.
- Remember all reports are official legal documents and could be used in judicial hearings and a court of law.