Position Classification Project & PDQ Process
The HR department is starting a project called “Position Classification Study”. The study will result in recommendations to Dr. King, then the Board of Trustees for appropriate classification for each non-faculty position at TVCC.
Supervisor and employee participation is crucial to ensuring that the information provided is accurate and complete so that HR may conduct a thorough analysis of all non-faculty positions. HR will be contacting individual departments through a series of informational meetings and emails to prepare for and explain the Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ) and process. Supervisors will be asked to fully support their staff members’ efforts in completing this study, including allowing adequate time for employees to complete the documents during normal work hours.
The study is intended to address the following:
· Job descriptions for many non-faculty positions are outdated and do not reflect actual job content due to procedural and technology changes over time, yet they contain (or should contain) the criteria upon which annual employee performance evaluations are based.
· The US Departmentt of Education’s Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) annual report requires that positions be classified and aligned with IPEDS coding methodology. The appropriate IPEDS code will be indicated on all job descriptions.
· The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that specific information regarding the physical requirements of each position be included on the job descriptions. These ADA requirements will be outlined on all job descriptions.
· Streamlining verbiage throughout each job description such as skills and knowledge necessary for the position, required and preferred experience, working conditions, travel requirements, etc.
· Facilitating HR system data clean-up prior to ERP conversion and implementation.
The project is estimated to take 8 to 12 months to complete. HR will be providing updates on the progress of the study and answer frequently asked questions. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to this study please contact Janene Dotts, Director of Human Resources at Janene.email@example.com or extension 6215.
Thank you in advance for your contributions to this important study.