Eligibility and Costs
Who Can Enroll
High school students may enroll in dual credit courses:
- 9th and 10th grade students may enroll after meeting certain eligibility and admission requirements, including a face-to-face interview
- 11th and 12th grade students may enroll after meeting TVCC admission requirements
- Received permission from their parent/guardian and high school counselor and completed the Dual Credit Form.
- Completed all TVCC admissions requirements and prerequisites for courses you wish to take.
- Comply with Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Program
- Take any required placement tests prior to enrollment or submitted acceptable exemption scores on the ACT, PLAN, PSAT, SAT, or STAAR. TVCC Testing Center
The cost for dual credit students depends on where they live. Tuition is waived for all dual credit students for up to 2 courses per semester. However, flat rates differ for in-district and out-of-district students. Please see the list below to determine which high schools are in or out of the TVCC taxpaying district and refer to the Dual Credit Enrollment Costs schedule to determine dual credit enrollment costs.
In-District Schools: Athens, Athens ECHS-Pinnacle, Athens Christian Preparatory, Brownsboro, Crandall, Cross Roads, Eustace, Frankston, Kaufman, Kemp, LaPoynor, Mabank, Malakoff, Poetry Community Christian, Scurry-Rosser, Terrell, and Trinidad.
Out-of-District Schools: Canton, Cayuga, Community, Edgewood, Elkhart, Forney, North Forney, Fruitvale, Martins Mill, Neches, Rains, Slocum, Westwood, and Wills Point.
Who pays for dual credit courses?
That depends. Several options exist. Students may pay all associated costs, while some school districts pay all or part of their students’ tuition. High schools are not required to pay the college tuition or fees for dual credit courses, so students should check with their high school counselor to be certain what fees will be incurred by the student.
If you would like to pay for dual credit courses, you may do so online with a credit card, through a payment plan, or face-to-face. Online Payment Instructions