Font Size:

TVCC conversion of CE/CEU hours to SCH credits

Conversion of CE/CEU (continuing education units) hours to SCH (semester credit hours) is only available for those students seeking SCH credit for WECM (Workforce Education Course Manual) courses/programs. TVCC will adhere to the guidelines set forth from the THECB (Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board) and the SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) regarding these conversions. CEU conversions will be fully documented to show that the student has met the same or similar objectives, rigor, course evaluation process and course competencies as those in the equivalent credit course. In addition, faculty qualification standards must be the same as those required in the equivalent credit course(s). Access to this policy will be available only to currently enrolled students or those applicants for the immediately upcoming term who have completed all eligibility requirements of admission to the College and who have met ability to benefit requirements. 

Procedure for Conversion of CE/CEU to SCH Credits

Step 1: Requests for SCH credit for continuing education (CE) hours or CEU’s will be made to the Division Chair of the appropriate WECM technical program in which the courses reside.

Step 2: The Division Chair, along with the instructor of record will review the CE course to match competencies with the THECB and SACS standards through the use of the CE to SCH Evaluation Form.

Step 3: If the Division Chair and instructor approve, he/she submits the approved form to the Associate Vice President for Workforce Education for review and approval.

Step 4: Upon approval by the Associate VP for Workforce Education, the form is submitted for approval by the Vice President of Instruction.

Step 5: Upon VP of Instruction approval, he/she submits the form to the Registrar’s office for processing.

Step 6: Students must then pay a fee of $10 per Semester Credit Hour (SCH) for the conversion. The fee is non-refundable.

Step 7: The Registrar’s office will record awarded SCH credits on the student’s official transcript.

Step 8: Students denied SCH conversion may appeal their case before the VP of Instruction whose judgment in each case will be final.