Student Rights and Responsibilities
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
Qualified students with disabilities are not entitled to accommodations if they have not self-identified and have not registered and requested accommodations from the student disability services office within the Cardinal Success Center.
The deadline for applying is normally 4 weeks prior to the beginning of the initial semester of enrollment and 2 weeks prior to subsequent continuous semesters of enrollment.
- Receive reasonable accommodations as supported by documentation.
- Have access to courses, programs, services, facilities, and activities offered through the college.
- Confidentiality of information about their disability, except as disclosures are required or permitted by law.
- Self –advocate for their needs.
- Self-identify as an individual with a disability when an accommodation is needed.
- Complete the “Request For Accommodations Form.”
- Provide medical or psychological documentation of disability, or other approved educational testing documentation.
- Complete “Authorization for Release of Confidential Information” form.
- Return all documentation and forms to the disability office.
- If approved for accommodations, pick up faculty advisement forms from disability office and meet with instructors to have them sign. White copy must be returned to disability office.
- Ensure that instructors are aware of qualified accommodations prior to exams or other services.
- If special testing accommodations are needed, schedule with the disability office at least 2 days prior.
- Attend class regularly.
- Meet the same stands for successful completion of class as other students.
- Inform disability office of any problems that arise, in a timely manner.