2018-19 VIDEO AUDITIONS:
If you are not able to attend any of the scheduled audition sessions you may submit a video audition. Video auditions are only accepted between June 24-29, 2018 to allow ample time for the TVCC registration process.
Your video audition must include the following:
- You performing a solo dance (preferably jazz style) to music of your choice.
- You demonstrating each of the AUDITION ELEMENTS listed below one at a time.
- You performing specific choreography that will be sent to you in a link.
IN ADDITION TO YOUR VIDEO...
Cardette Application and $20 audition fee
Cardette Liability Waiver
Unofficial High School Transcript
Recommendation Letter (not from dance or drill team director)
H.S. Director Recommendation Form (from current dance or drill team director)
Standing Full-body photo (half top and booty shorts or dance attire)
Visit the Audition Form page for all paerwork or links to on-line forms.
A phone interview with the Cardette Director will also be scheduled upon submission of video.
- Splits (both right and left legs)
- Right jump splits
- High kicks (all types; kicks must be higher than head level)
- Right Switch leap
- Toe touch
- Right Axle turn
- Right Pirouettes (double or triple turns)
- Right A la second turns (turns in second)
- Turning disk
- Right Jete' in second (also called a Russian)
- Tilt Kick
- Exceptional Endurance
- Projection, Posture, and Confidence are a must!!