2018-19 TVCC CARDETTE AUDITIONS
APRIL 27, 2018
MAY 19, 2018
A Cardette hopeful should be willing to commit to teamwork and be ready to represent the team and TVCC with class. A Cardette hopeful must possess a strong desire to work above and beyond the norm to maintain the integrity of the Cardette name.
Cardette auditions are held each year during the late spring and early summer. We offer 2 different hopefuly work with your scheudle. At our auditions you will be etn a link to material that needs to be learned a head of time which essentially allows you as a hopeful time to perfect the combintin and build the best confidence possible. Links for the combinatins willbe ent after all Cardette Applicaion has been received in the Cardette Office. In additin to the pre=learned material, small combinations will also be taught on the day of the audition to see how potential Cardettes are able to pick up choreography and detail in a short amount of time.
Video Auditions are available to hopefuls who have missed the regularly scheduled audition dates but not accepted until 1 week following the final audition session for the season. Video auditions are only accepted if there are spots still available on the team.
Cardette Hopefuls do not need to attend all of the audition options, only one is required.
- Click here to fill out and submit a Cardette Application on-line
- Click here if you are a Director and want to fill out and submit your recommendation form on-line
Cardettes are chosen based on dance ability/timing, flexibility, projection, appearance, poise, community service, leadership qualities/experience and Cardette knowledge. Cardettes must be physically fit and able to wear ANY Cardette uniform properly upon the decision of the director. Visible tattoos and piercings are not permitted in ANY Cardette attire.
We also are looking for Cardettes who have high morals and standards for not only themselves but for the organization as well. Cardettes look for dancers who want to strive to be better dancers and performers, as well as leaders in their school and community.
There is $20.00 fee to attend all auditions which cover judges fees and other necessary fees. Meals will be provided by TVCC for the day of auditions. Housing is not availabe or provided. There are several quality hotels in the Athens area if you need housing.
Auditions are closed to the public and parents. Auditions are only for those trying out for Cardettes, Cardette Sophomores, Current Cardette Escorts and the Cardette Directors and judges. Parents are welcome to sit in on the learning process but are not allwoed in the audition sessions with judges.
New Freshman Cardettes will be announced at the end of the audiiton day or on line depending upon how many are auditioning.
All Cardettes are required to live in on campus in the dorms unless your immediate family resides in Athens. A $225.00 housing deposit must be submitted during auditions.
All ladies selected as Cardettes are required to attend a 3 day Cardette Freshman Camp in mid - July which is in conjunction with TVCC Freshman Orientation and Cardette Line Camp in early weeks in August.
The routine taught for auditions will consist of small segments of jazz, high kick and hip-hop style. There will also be a few eight counts of at the end of the dance where you will be able to showcase your own dance talents.
A Cardette Hopeful MUST BE PREPARED to execute the following one at a time. Any preparation is permitted.
Splits on both legs
Right Jump Splits
High Kicks (all types; kicks must be higher than head level)
Switch leap (right leg)
Right Axle Turn
Right Pirouettes (double or triple turns)
Right A la Second turns (turns in second)
- Right Jete' in second (also called a Russian)
- Tilt kick
- Exceptional Endurance
Projection, Posture, and Confidence are a must!!
Part of the audition score is based on the execution of the above elements performed one at a time. Be prepared to execute the above moves one at a time at auditions.
Cardette Hopefuls are to wear the following for the learning process of auditions:
- Solid black sports bra (NO leotards, t-shirts, or color tops)
- Black hot shorts
- Tan tights underneath black dance hot shorts
- Black jazz shoes or jazz sneakers
- Hair secured away from the face, preferably in a low bun or pony tail.
- Full make-up with RED lipstick
- No cover-ups or wraps are allowed
- No jewelry or visible tattoos
- T-shirt and shorts are not acceptable
Cardette Hopefuls are to wear the following for the actual dance audition:
- Solid Black sports bra or half top
- Black Hot shorts
- Tan tights underneath black hot shorts
- Black jazz shoes
- Hair secured away from face, preferably in a bun or low ponytail
- Full make-up with RED lipstick
- No cover ups or wraps allowed
- No jewlery(other than silver rhinestone stud earring in any shape) or visible tattoos
- T-shirt and shorts are not permitted
- Personal Interviews needs to scheduled ahead of the actula audtion day once all audition paperwork has been received to the Cardette Office.
- Interviews can be on a college day visit, audition review day which is the evening prior to the scheduled audition day.
- The attire for interviews similar to what you would wear to a job interview.