Pre-Audition Video Critiques
If you are interested in auditioning for Cardettes, we offer an opportunity for you to get critiqued before auditions. This is to help you prepare and will not hurt your score at auditions. You have nothing to loose.
There is also an opportunity for you to receive a SCOUTING SCHOLARSHIP which is a Cardette scholarship gift to those dancers who have displayed the qualities we are looking for in future Cardettes!
Video Critiques must be submitted to the Cardette Office no later than March 1st to allow ample time for you to prepare for auditions. If you have any questions about the video critique, please contact the Cardette Director.
Your video critique should have the following:
- You performing a solo dance to music (preferably jazz and high kick style) or submit a recent dance with your team and denote where you are in the dance.
- Demonstrate each of the AUDITION ELEMENTS listed below one at a time.
- Submit a Cardette Application and photo for our records.
- Splits (both right and left legs)
- Right jump splits
- High kicks (all types; kicks must be higher than head level)
- Right Switch leap
- Toe touch
- Right Axle turn
- Right Pirouettes (double or triple turns)
- Right A la second turns (turns in second)
- Turning disk
- Right Jete' in second (also called a Russian)
- Tilt Kick
- Projection, Posture, and Confidence are a must!!