Board of Trustees Agenda - August 28, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, August 28, 2017 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administrative Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Comments from the public.
3. President’s Report.
- Fall enrollment
- Upcoming activities and announcements:
- September 11 – Second Tax Rate Hearing
- September 18 – Board Meeting & Adopt Tax Rate
4. Consider minutes of the July 24, 2017 regular board meeting and the August 16, 2017 meeting.
5. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for July 2017.
6. Conduct public hearing on proposed tax rate for 2017-18.
7. Consider, discuss and approve the college FY17-18 budget.
8. Consider and discuss copier lease renewal.
9. Consider and discuss approval to negotiate with an ERP vendor.
10. Consider and discuss approval of auto, liability, & property insurance coverage.
11. Consider and discuss workers’ compensation insurance renewal.
12. Consider and discuss personnel matters.