Board of Trustees Minutes - August 10, 2016
TRINITY VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
The Trinity Valley Community College Board of Trustees met at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building in Athens with the following members present:
Mr. Ray Raymond Mrs. Paula Kimball Mr. Kenneth McGee
Mr. Ron Day Mr. Jerry Stone Mr. Homer Norville
Mr. David Monk Dr. Charlie Risinger
1. Mr. McGee opened the meeting with prayer.
2. President Pro Tem Dr. King presented the proposed college budget for the 2016-17 fiscal year and provided discussion and explanations concerning the budget.
3. Mr. Monk moved, seconded by Mr. Stone, to propose 0.13567 as the tax rate to support the FY 2016-17 Budget. Motion carried unanimously.
Proposed tax rate was accepted with stipulations regarding the budget process. The 2016-17 Budget will be finalized and approved at the August 22, 2016 Board Meeting.
4. Mr. McGee moved, seconded by Mrs. Kimball to set August 22nd as the first tax rate hearing, September 12th as the second tax rate hearing and September 26th to approve the proposed tax rate. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Mr. Stone moved, seconded by Mr. Day to table the tax abatement request from KLLM Transport Services. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Mr. Day moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board go into executive session at 9:47 pm to discuss real property/personnel matters in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Dr. Risinger moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board return from executive session at 10:32 pm. Motion carried unanimously.
8. Mrs. Kimball moved, seconded by Mr. Norville, the Board name Dr. Jerry King as President of Trinity Valley Community College. Motion carried unanimously.
9. Dr. Risinger moved, seconded by Mr. Monk, to adjourn the meeting at 10:34 pm. Motion carried unanimously.
August 10, 2016
Submitted By Date
Approved By Date