Board of Trustees Agenda - August 10, 2016
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Trinity Valley Community College Board of Trustees will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 10, 2016 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building Athens, Texas.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Discuss the FY16-17 budget.
3. Consider and discuss the proposed tax rate to support the FY16-17 budget.
4. Consider and discuss establishing dates for public hearings for the proposed tax rate.
5. Consider and discuss establishing the date to vote on the proposed tax rate.
6. Consider and discuss a tax abatement request from KLLM Transport Services.
7. Convene to executive session to discuss the following matters involving real property/personnel in accordance with Texas Government Code Sections 551.072 and 551.074.
a. Real Property:
1) Discuss the possible purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property owned by the City of Terrell commonly known as the old hospital property.
b. Personnel Matters:
1) Discuss naming the TVCC President.
8. Take any necessary action on the following matters:
a. Personnel Matters:
1) Naming the TVCC President.