Board of Trustees Agenda - February 22, 2016
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, February 22, 2016, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, TX. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administrative Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m., where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Public information report, if any.
4. President’s Report.
a. Enrollment Report
b. SACSCOC update
c. Region XIV Basketball Tournament – March 1 – 5, Lufkin
d. NJCAA Basketball Tournaments – March 14 – 19, Women @ Lubbock, Men @ Hutchinson
e. Next Board meeting – March 28
5. Consider the minutes of the January 25, 2016 meeting.
6. Consider the business, financial, and investment reports for January, 2016.
7. Consider and discuss approval of the FY16-17 college calendar.
8. Consider and discuss purchase of vehicles.
9. Consider and discuss appointment to the Chandler Tax Increment Finance District Board.
10. Consider and discuss policy updates.
11. Consider and discuss any facilities issues.
12. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
13. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
a. Retirements/Resignations/Reductions in Force
(1) Jennifer Robertson, Director of Human Resources
(2) Jessica Jenkins, Student Financial Aid Specialist, Veteran’s
b. New hires
(1) Brittney Griffith, Volleyball Coaching Assistant
(2) Chalisa Madsen, Administrative Assistant, Student Success Services
(3) Sherard Poteete, Offensive Coordinator
(4) Danica Edwards, Student Retention Advisor
(5) Jonathan Miller, LRC Specialist, Kaufman Health Science
(1) Jennifer Evilsizer, Director-in-Training, Student Financial Aid & Veteran’s Services to Director, Student Financial Aid & Veteran’s Services
(2) Brett Daniel, Associate Vice President of Information Technology to Interim Vice President of Information Technology
(3) Donald Fulford, Professor to Professor/Division Chairperson, Career & Technology
(4) Delana Newman, Accounting Specialist (Accounts Payable) to Accounting Specialist (Accounts Receivable)
d. Other personnel issues or land issues