Board of Trustees Agenda - January 25, 2016
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, January 25, 2016, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administration Building Conference Room at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. President’s Report.
a. Spring enrollment
b. TVCC Rodeo
d. February Board meeting – February 22nd
4. Consider minutes of the November 23, 2015 regular board meeting.
5. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for November and December 2015.
6. Consider and discuss approval of the 2014-2015 Audit.
7. Consider and discuss approval of firm to perform the 2015-2016 Audit.
8. Consider and discuss the request to approve an agreement for a Tax Increment Finance District by the City of Chandler.
9. Consider issuing an “Order of Election” for May 7, 2016 for the election of a board member for District 6, District 7, and District 9 with each to serve a 6-year term.
10. Consider and discuss approval of a multidisciplinary studies associate degree program.
11. Consider and discuss approval of copier contract.
12. Consider and discuss any facilities issues.
13. Consider and discuss TASB policy update No. 30 and any other policy updates.
14. Consider annual and quarterly investment reports as of August 31, 2015.
15. Review and approve investment policy and strategy.
16. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
17. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
a. Retirements/Resignations/Reductions in Force
(1) Bethany Dyson, Volleyball Coaching Assistant
(2) Rebecca Goodman, Student Retention Advisor
(3) Clay Patterson, Offensive Coordinator/Kinesiology Professor
(4) Mike Abbott, Vice President of Information Technology
(5) Gail St. Clair, Director of Testing
(6) Ron Walker, Professor/Division Chairperson of Career and Technology
(7) Winfred T. Arthur, Campus Building Services Manager
(8) Julie Lively, Director of Student Financial Aid
(9) Kathy Grams, Payroll Coordinator
b. New Hires:
(1) Kristen Bennett, Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the TVCC Foundation
(2) Megan Dickerson, Administrative Assistant, Student Pathways
(3) Marcus Sikes, Men’s Basketball Coaching Assistant
(4) Tara Rigby, Administrative Assistant Music Department (P-T with benefits)
(5) Henry Hill, Building Services Technician
(6) Nicholas Ray, Building Services Technician
(7) Kendell Wellman, Criminal Justice Professor
(8) Elizabeth Starr, Coordinator/Instructor Vocational Nursing
(9) Ila Morris – Counselor, TDCJ Correctional Programs
(10) Rebecca Huff, Academic/Workforce Advisor
(11) Jean Watson, Academic/Workforce Advisor
(1)Tammy Denney, Retention Coordinator to Director Of Student Pathways
(2) Diane Milner, Coordinator Cardinal Success Center to Director of Testing
(3) Shelia Jones, Director of Student Pathways & Success To Director of Student Success Services
(4) Melinda Berry, Coordinator Disability Services/LPC to Assistant Director of Student Success Services/Disability Services/LPC
(5) Iris Reeves, Coordinator Student Success Center to Coordinator Career Center/Advisor
(6) Brad Burnett, Human Resources Generalist to Benefits & Compensation Coordinator
(7) Russell Cammarn, Building Services Technician to Campus Building Services Manager
(8) Michelle Wright, Accounting Specialist-Billing to Payroll Coordinator
(9) Carol Madsen, Student Financial Aid Specialist/Loan Coordinator to Assistant Director of Student Financial Aid
(10) Susie Sharp, Administrative Assistant Correctional Education, Officer Training Academy PWC to Enrollment Clerk, TDCJ
(11) David Handorf, Enrollment Coordinator TDCJ to Enrollment Coordinator Palestine Workforce Education Center
(12) Suzan Mullins, Administrative Assistant Plant Operations to Administrative Assistant Building Services
(13) Angela Gordon, Professor to Professor/Coordinator, Integrated Reading & Writing
d. Other personnel issues
e. Real estate