Board of Trustees Agenda - November 24, 2014
NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, November 24, 2014 in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Administrative Building Conference Room at 6:15 p.m. where no business will be discussed.
The Board of Trustees may take formal action as to any of the items listed below:
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Information and news items.
4. President’s Report.
- Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Football Bowl Game – CHAMPS Heart of Texas Bowl – Dec. 6
- Adolphus Christmas Parade – December 6
- Christmas Luncheon and Graduation – Thurs., December 18th.
5. Consider minutes of the October 27, 2014 Board meeting.
6. Consider annual audit report presented by Mr. Marlin Smith of Smith, Lambright & Associates, P.C.
7. Consider business, financial and investment reports for October, 2014.
8. Consider annual and quarterly investment reports as of August 31, 2014.
9. Review and approve investment policy and strategy.
10. Annual review of required Board member completion of training.
11. Consider and discuss approval of the 2015 Spring Community and Adult Education Class Schedule.
12. Consider and discuss awarding of the grounds keeping contract.
13. Consider and discuss approval of an administrative assistant at the TVCC – TDCJ administrative offices.
14. Consider and discuss a resolution supporting proposed legislation to increase the number of members on a Texas community college board.
15. Consider and discuss approval of levy amounts.
16. Consider and discuss the lease agreement with the City of Palestine for the Palestine Workforce Center
17. Consider and discuss a Memo of Understanding with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice to provide space/training for staff.
18. Consider and discuss proposed remodeling of the Palestine Workforce Center to meet the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
19. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074 to consider certain personnel matters if needed.
20. Consider, discuss, and take any necessary action on the following matters:
(1) Tiffany Carrizales, Campus Police Officer
(2) Cynthia Clark, Human Resources Specialist
(3) James Quattlebaum, Bookstore Manager
(4) Elizabeth Smith, Accounting Accounts Payable
(5) Charlotte Davina Smith, Accounting Specialist, General
(6) Nancy Love, Administrative Assistant, School Relations
b. New Hires
(1) Joyce Helberg, Full-time to Part-time, Director of
Accounting Services & Controller
(2) Shelia Jones, Student Retention Coordinator to Director
Of Student Pathways & Success
(3) Tammy Denny, Financial Aid Associate II to Student
d. Other personnel or land issues